I apologize if some of the pictures are a little blurry. The filling and chocolate topping were made after the festival if you get my drift. Thanks Maureen and Kristen for your help!
1.5 c. flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
6 tbsp. butter
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 packet (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
2 c. cold milk
Chocolate Ganache Filling:
2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease two muffin tins.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Melt butter in a small pan then add milk.
4. Add to dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
5. Add eggs and vanilla, mix.
6. Spoon batter into muffin tins, about half full.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Let cool completely.
9. Combine vanilla pudding mix with cold milk and stir until thick.
10. Place in fridge until ready for assembly.
11. In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate, cream, and corn syrup.
12. Stir until melted and combined.
13. Slice each cupcake in half horizontally.
14. Spoon some of the vanilla filling on to the bottom piece, then place the top of the cupcake on top of the pudding. Push down so it oozes out of the sides a little.
15. Spoon the chocolate topping on top of all of the cupcakes allows the excess to drip over the sides.
16. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Sweet Potato Puree|