2 Tbsp. black pepper
1. Place clams in a strainer and place strainer in a bowl/pot.
2. Fill up with water until the clams are completely covered. This will encourage the clams to spit out the sand.
3. Cover with a damp cloth or paper towel and let set for 20 minutes.
4. Remove strainer and dump dirty water. Give clams a slight rinse.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4.
6. Refill bowl/pot for a third time. Add 2 tablespoons of black pepper. This will encourage the clams to spit out more sand. Let sit for 20 minutes covered.
7. Remove strainer and dump dirty water. Rinse clams.
8. Scrub the outside of the clam with a stiff brush to remove any remaining dirt.
9. Cook in something delicious and stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken|