I would recommend pounding the chicken out so they are all the same thickness. This will ensure that the chicken breasts are more evenly cooked and a faster cooking time. I did not do this and ended up having to put the chicken in the oven for a few minutes so I wouldn't burn the outside.
~ 1 lb. skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
4 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 c. heavy cream
1 can (7 oz.) pimiento, chopped
~ 1 1/2 c. baby portobello mushrooms, chopped (I used about two handfuls)
1/4 c. basil, minced
1/2 c. parmesan, grated
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
2. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
3. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in bread crumbs until completely covered.
4. Melt half of the butter in the skillet, then add chicken. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until nice a brown.
5. Add the remaining butter, flip the chicken, and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. (If this chicken isn't cooked in the center still, would recommend placing it in the oven at 350 for a few minutes).
6. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
7. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. (I removed all large pieces of breading that fell off the chicken).
8. Add cream and pimientos, cook for 1 minute.
9. Add mushrooms, cook for another minute.
10. Reduce heat to low, add parmesan cheese and basil. Stir until all of the cheese has melted.
11. Pour sauce over chicken.
12. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Cream of Broccoli Soup|
(Greek Lemon Soup)
|Slow Cooker: Chili Con Carne with Beans|