Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

Yesterday was my good friend Mo's 30th birthday. I had to make her something sweet and delicious. She wanted truffles so I made these, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. I was going to make her a second type of truffle but that failed horribly. Will get into that in a minute...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAUREEN!!!


I like variety when it comes to giving truffles so in addition to the chocolate chip cookie dough, I wanted to make a red velvet truffle. Fairly simple. Make a red velvet cake, crumble it up, mix with frosting, and cover in chocolate. However, the adding frosting part did not go so well. I must admit I was in a little bit of a hurry and I have a cold, so I wasn't paying close enough attention. I had this beautiful red velvet cake, crumbled and ready to go...


Then I added the frosting...too much frosting...resulting in this...


Ugh. ::sad face:: Aside from tasting good, it would not hold its shape. Boo. Sorry Mo. Just have to live with chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for now.

1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
2 c. flour
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (+ a little extra to top the truffles)
48. oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. shortening

1. Combine butter and brown sugar.


2. Add flour, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.


3. Add mini chocolate chips. Mix well. (Note: Might want to do this part by hand. I found with an electric mixer the chips collected at the bottom of the bowl. I gave it a stir with a large spoon the get the chips even dispersed. )


4. Shape into balls (about 1 inch), place on a non-stick mat and freeze for about an hour.


5. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler.



6. Using a fork, dip cookie dough balls in chocolate. Make sure they are completely covered.
7. Place on wax paper and top with more mini chocolate chips (optional).


8. Place in fridge for about 30 minutes to harden chocolate coating.


9. Stuff face!!


Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Chocolate Peanut
Butter Truffles
Chocolate Rose Spoon
Truffles
Pound Cake Truffles

No comments:

Post a Comment