1/2 c. water
3/4 c. light corn syrup
2 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. flavoring
1 drop sky blue gel food coloring
large ziploc bag
1. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spraying.
2. Combine water, corn syrup, and sugar. Mix until combined over medium-high heat.
3. Once is begins to boil, stop stirring, and whip down the sides on the pan with a wet pastry brush so the sugar does not crystalize on the sides.
4. Turn heat up to high, insert candy thermometer, and cook until it reaches 285F degrees.
5. Once it reached 285F, remove from heat and let set until the bubbles start breaking the surface. (Note: Make sure not to over cook because the sugar will start to turn a light yellow and your candy will ultimately turn out green.)
6. Add flavoring and coloring. (It might smoke a little bit. That's normal). Stir until combined.
7. Pour onto cookie sheet. Let set until the candy has hardened, about 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Crack candy with a mallet to break it up.
9. Put shards into a bag and continue to hit with a mallet until the candy has reach desired size.
10. Place into small baggies.
11. Stuff face!!
Might also enjoy:
|Bourbon Bacon Brownies|
|Orange Tequila Cake|