Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats

I have been a little busy the past month and haven't had anytime to cook. But Halloween is my favorite holiday and even though I didn't have time to make a costume, decorate, or even buy pumpkins this year, I couldn't pass up on making some little treat.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


Over the weekend I went to a bat festival. Who knew there was such a thing. I have always loved bats so when I heard they had some Large Flying Foxes, I had to check it out. And boy oh boy they were not kidding. They didn't just have one. They had a lot.



These bats have a 5 foot wing span.




They are so adorable. I can't help it. I love bats. Even the ugly ones. And to end on some completely random Halloween fun, the first cartoon Walt Disney ever made...The Skeleton Dance from 1929.


Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats:
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
6 c. rice krispies
1/4 c. pumpkin puree
1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. salt

Vanilla Frosting:
2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats:
1. Spray your desired pan with cooking spray and set aside. (I used a cookie sheet with a raised rim).
2. Melt butter in a large sauce pan or pot over medium heat.


3. Add pumpkin puree and stir until combined.


4. Add marshmallows and continually fold until melted completely.


5. Remove from heat and add, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.


6. Let the marshmallow mixture cool for about 10 minutes or so until it has thickened up. Putting the rice krispies in while the mixture is still hot will result in them being soggy.
7. Add rice krispies and mixture they are completely coated.


8. Pour into pan and flatten using spatula (or you can place a piece of wax paper on top and press down by hand).
9. Let cool completely (I placed them in the fridge for an hour) and cut into squares.


Vanilla Frosting:
10. Combine all ingredients. Stir until smooth.


11. Gently drizzle over rice krispie treats (I used a squeeze bottle).



12. Stuff face!


Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Cinnamon Sugar
Pumpkin Seeds
Curried Roasted
Pumpkin Seeds
Cheesy Roasted
Pumpkin Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment