Friday, November 29, 2013

Blueberry Pie Bars

These are amazing. I love the crust and it is just the right amount of blueberry goodness.


Had a fairly good Thanksgiving. I was home by myself so I decided to cook enough food to last at least two weeks. :D After which I stuffed myself silly.


While everything was cooking I put together my new Lego set. Don't judge me! (and thanks Mom!)


Toast also had a nice relaxing day.


Warning: This is by far the stickiest dough I have ever worked with. It sticks to non-stick items. I would recommend spraying with non stick cooking spray whatever you use to scoop out and flatten the dough with.

Blueberry Pie Bars:
1 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 eggs
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 21 oz. can of blueberry pie filling

Almond Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
3 - 4 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Blueberry Pie Bars:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease jelly roll pan (or cookie sheet with raised edges).


2. Combine sugar and butter until fluffy.


3. Add vanilla and eggs.


4. Mix in flour and salt.


5. Spread 3/4 of the dough evenly on pan.


6. Pour blueberry filling on top of dough and spread evenly.


7. Drop tablespoons of the remaining dough on top of the blueberry filling.


8. Bake for 45 minutes.


9. Let cool completely.

Glaze:
10. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.


11. Pour over bars and let sit for about an hour.


12. Cut into squares and stuff face!


Original Recipe

Might also enjoy:
Cookies and Cream Cake
No Frosting Chocolate Cake
Strawberry Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment