On a funny note, when I went to the store to buy the ingredients for this, they were all out of red cherry tomatoes, but for some reason had a ton of golden cherry tomatoes. So I went with those. Similar taste, amazing color. I had never had golden cherry tomatoes before and I felt they were just bit less tart than the red ones. Either way, both will go great in this recipe. I want to make this again and use both. It would be a beautiful dish.
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
10 basil leaves, chopped
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, 1/2" thick slices
1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Heat large pan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken and cook covered for 10 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until chicken is fully cooked (to 165F).
3. In the mean time, in another pan over medium-high, heat the remaining olive oil.
4. Add garlic and until slightly browned, about 1 -2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and cook until the skin starts to wrinkle, about 5 minutes.
6. Add basil and set aside.
7. Once the chicken is done, top them with pieces off mozzarella.
8. Pour tomatoes over chicken, cover and cook until the cheese has melted...about 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and stuff face!
Original Recipe: The Novice Chef
Might also enjoy:
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|
|Chicken and Pasta with |
Creamy Pesto Sauce