2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, smashed
~1 c. baby carrots, sliced
1 bay leaf
sprinkle of salt and pepper
3 to 4 potatoes, peeled, chopped
2 c. broccoli florets
~5 c. chicken stock
grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, melt butter with olive oil.
2. Add onions, garlic, carrots, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until onions are translucent.
3. Increase to high heat. Add bay leaf, potatoes, broccoli, and stock. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
6. Puree in a blender. (It you want the soup to be a little chunky, set aside a cup or two of broccoli and potatoes and puree the rest. Add the broccoli and potatoes back to the puree).
7. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Stuff face!
Might also enjoy:
|Grilled Rum Soaked|
|Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos|