Sunday, March 9, 2014

Slow Cooker: Red Chicken Curry

Well the final picture isn't the best but this is a great curry recipe. When I first made this I didn't make any rice so I thought I would wait, make rice, and take a prettier picture. Oops. Forgot. Oh well…if I make it again, I will update the picture. :D


My original concern was this recipe would be too oniony considering there are two full onions in this. But it is not at all. The onions are cooked until they are so soft they just fall apart. This is the best curry recipe I have found so far. It it not overly salty and goes great with a white rice. I made a non-spicy version of this, but what was interesting is the left kept getting just a bit spicier each day. Stores well in the fridge.

3 - 4 lbs. chicken legs and thighs, no slik
2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
1/2 c. mild red curry paste
1/4 c. white vinegar
2 - 4 cloves of garlic
3" piece of ginger root
1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
2 tsp. ground cumin
1.5 tsp. ground cardamom
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ground pepper
(optional) 1 - 2 dried red chiles

1. In a food processor combine, curry paste, vinegar, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cardamom, salt and pepper.


2. Mix until a paste is formed.


3. Place chicken in slow cooker.


4. Cover chicken with onions.


5. Pour paste over the onions.


6. Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 on high.


7. Stuff face!


Original Recipe: Snack Girl

Might also enjoy:
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Avgolemono
(Greek Lemon Soup)
Slow Cooker: Chili Con Carne
with Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment