Bone-in or no bone works just fine with this recipe but I think the bone-in roast tasted a little better. That bone just adds flavor.
1 ~5 lb. pork shoulder (no bone or bone-in)
2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 c. chicken stock
1 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Put sliced onions and garlic in the slow cooker.
2. Add chicken stock.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon.
4. Pat dry pork shoulder (remove any twine or string).
5. Rub the roast all over with the spice rub.
6. Place roast on top of the onions and cook 8 to 10 hours on low.
7. Remove roast from the pot and place on a cutting board. If there is a bone, remove it. Shred with two forks and remove any excess fat.
8. Put back into slow cooker with broth, onion, and mix until combined!
9. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: Chow
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Salmon with |
Browned Butter Sauce
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|