Tuna with Mango Curry Sauce:
1 lb. tuna
salt and pepper
2 honey mangos (or 1 large mango)
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 a shallot
sprinkle of sugar*
1/4 c. water
*Honey mangos tend to be a bit more acidic than regular mangos and it can be a bit strong. If it is too strong for you, add a sprinkle of sugar to the sauce. This will cut down the acidity quite a bit. I personally used two sprinkles of sugar.
1. In a food processor, combine pulp of the mangos, lime juice, ginger, curry, and shallot. Puree.
2. Remove puree to a bowl and stir in water. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle both sides of tuna with salt and pepper.
4. Place in pan over medium heat with a little olive oil.
5. Cook 1 - 2 minutes of each side (it will be raw in the middle).
6. Slice and pour sauce over tuna. Stuff face!!
Original Recipe: North Jersey
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Salmon with |
Browned Butter Sauce
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|