I got the idea from Sweet C's Designs, but used my favorite pesto recipe instead.
2 chicken breasts
~2 c. fresh basil
3/4 c. pine nuts
4 garlic cloves
1/2 c. basil olive oil (or plain olive oil)
4 slices of mozzarella
4 - 6 slices of prosciutto
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small pan over medium heat, toast pine nuts until lightly brown. They will become very fragrant and begin to crackle and pop.
3. In a food processor, combine pine nuts, basil, garlic cloves, sprinkle of salt and pepper. Slowly pour in olive oil while the processor is running until pesto is smooth.
4. Slice chicken breast in half without cutting all the way through.
5. Slather on the pesto. Don't be shy with this stuff.
6. Place two slices of mozzarella.
7. Fold chicken over, wrap with prosciutto, and place in baking pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is 170 degrees.
9. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: Sweet C's Designs
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Salmon with |
Browned Butter Sauce
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|