2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 c. onions, diced
1 c. celery, diced
1 c. carrots, sliced
sprinkle of salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
6 springs of thyme
2 bay leaves
2 qt. chicken stock
1 ham bone
1 lb. orange lentils
1. In a large pan over medium heat, add oil.
2. Once hot, add onions, celery, carrots, salt, pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, thyme and bay leaves and cook for another minute.
4. Pour veggies into slow cooker.
5. Add lentils, ham bone, and chicken stock.
6. Cook on low for about 5 hours.
7. Stuff face! Keep an eye out for the bay leaves.
Original Recipe: Emeril Lagasse
Might also enjoy:
|Cream of Broccoli Soup|
(Greek Lemon Soup)
|Slow Cooker: Chili|
Con Carne with Beans