Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Vegetable Salad Topper

I have always been one of those people that likes more toppings on my salad than actual salad. Lately I have been trying to come up with recipes that take only a few minutes to prep but will last a few days. This salad topper is one of my favorites.


This salad topper is very straight forward. It is all of my favorite toppings combined in a large bowl. Then when I want a salad, all I need is a scoop or two on top of a handful of lettuce and that's all there is to it.

You can add whatever you want to your own salad topper. Peppers. Radishes. Sprouts. Hard boiled eggs. Cheese. Nuts. The list goes on. Here is what goes into mine.

1 can medium black olives, drained, sliced in half
1 can green beans, drained
1 can baby corn, drained, chopped into thirds
1 c. carrot strings
1 raw broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 jicama, peeled, chopped coarsely into sticks

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Scoop over a pile of lettuce or spinach. Drizzle your favorite dressing.
2. Stuff face!!


Might also enjoy:
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Seared Asparagus
Collard Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment