Saturday, December 20, 2014

Seattle Food: Part 2/3

Continuing with Seattle Food part 2, I am still eating my way through the city. 


Wann Japanese Izakaya
This cute little Japanese restaurant is located just across the street from my apartment on 2nd avenue. They advertise they are a relaxing place to go after a long day of work, which is exactly what it is. The few times I have been here, it has never been over packed with people. It's a bit on the quiet side with a straight-forward sushi menu. But my favorite thing about this place is their happy hour all day Monday and Tuesdays. They have a discounted food and drink menu, so you can have a nice meal and drink for under $20.

(Seattle Crunch Roll)

The Seattle Crunch Roll is my favorite roll so far. Salmon, cream cheese, and avocado inside, lightly tempura-ed, and topped with a sweet and lightly spicy sauce. Simple, delicious sushi. This is just big enough to fill me up.

(Brie Tempura with Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar Reduction)

There are a few unusual items on their menu. One being the brie tempura with a raspberry balsamic vinegar reduction. It is so good, but very heavy and rich. I have gotten this item twice and never finished it. After two pieces, I somewhat hate myself but it is totally worth it. 

Top Pot Doughnuts
This place was recommended to me by a friend. She didn't say much about it other than, "Just go". Well alright then. The outside you are treated with an old neon signs saying Doughnuts. I was expecting the stereotypical doughnut shop where the inside looks like it is stuck in the 1970's. Then I was walked in and was slightly shocked.


In interior is a modern library theme with floor to ceiling windows in the front and bookshelves on the walls. And the doughnuts here are no joke. They are huge. All hand-made with super thick frosting. I am a sucker for a classic doughnut with frosting and sprinkles so I went for the Pink Rainbow.

(The Pink Rainbow)

I couldn't even finish it. It looks pretty even half eaten. :)


I would highly recommend this place. In addition to the high quality doughnuts, they also have a full coffee bar with a good range of special coffees. 

Fisherman's Restaurant
I was finishing up my Christmas shopping and decided to pop into a tourist trap restaurant. Fisherman's Restaurant is located next to the Ferris Wheel on Pier 57. I just sat at the bar over looking the water. They have a simple menu for the bar and I settled for some crab cakes.

(Crab Cakes with Sriracha Aioli)

It is hard to tell from that picture, but those crab cakes are the size of hockey pucks. Nicely seasoned with not too much breading. What made it for me was the aioli. This is an amazing sauce. Seriously I would go back just for the sauce. It's one of those things you could put it on anything and it would be good. I asked the waitress about it and she said the staff calls it "crack sauce" because it's so addicting. I agree.


Piroshky Piroshky Bakery
Well...I said I would go back. It was a Saturday morning and I was on the hunt for a quiet breakfast place. But I failed miserably. That same morning was the Jingle Bell Run/Walk. Seattle was completely mobbed with people. Everywhere I went had a line out the door so after a few restaurants I gave up and went to Piroshki Piroshki which also had a line down the street.

(Egg and Potato Piroshky)

Went for an egg and potato Piroshki this time around. It is basically eggs and hashbrowns stuffed into a nice light dough. Om nom nom nom.

(Meat and Cheese Piroshky - better than last posts picture)

I was starving so I also got a meat and cheese piroshki. In all, I just love this place. It is small and cute with just enough seating for three people. They do one thing and they do it well. It smells amazing every time you walk in.

(Meat and Cheese Piroshki)

Seatown Seabar and Rotisserie
I went to this place only because of the name. I had never seen a sea bar/rotisserie before. This restaurant is a located on Western Ave over looking the water. It sits about 30 people with a small bar in the center. The serve fresh seafood that changes daily and a selection of other meats like roast beef, chicken, etc.


I asked the bartender what was her favorite item on the menu and she recommended the appetizer of roasted carrots and cauliflower. If I wanted to up it to a full meal, she said she could add a few ounces of salmon to the meal. So I did.

(Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower with Salmon)

Delicious. The veggies were soaked in a light marinade and served over a horseradish cream sauce. It is a small dish but the flavors just work together so well. I was still a little hungry after this so I went for some raw oysters. 

(Raw Oysters)

Their selection of oysters changes daily. They provide a small menu of the oyster type, where they came from, how they were harvested and their flavor type. Smoky, sweet, briny, etc. They have several different sauces and I got the champagne vinaigrette with chopped garlic.


And if you ask, they will bring a small plate of garlic roasted baguettes to put the oysters on.

Seattle has an absurd amount of breweries...which I am okay with. This brewery is located in Industrial District just north of Boeing Field. The brewery is in a little nook along with a winery and a Vespa shop. I didn't even know there were Vespa stores in the United States. Anyways, this brewery has a small selection of five year round beers and a few seasonal beers.

(Gateway Golden Ale)

In a separate room, they have a full restaurant with an fairly interesting menu. Items from squash pasta to pulled pork sandwiches to ribs. I went for the beef and pork meatballs with tomato sauce and dill over a garlic sour cream. They were perfectly cooked. So good. I could have eaten two plates. The waitress said it was her favorite item on the menu. I am on a roll! Lets keep it going!

(Beef and Pork Meatballs over a Garlic Sour Cream topped with Tomato Sauce)

No comments:

Post a Comment