Saturday, February 14, 2015

Lebanese Lemon Bean Salad

I just love me some kidney beans and chickpeas. I always put them on my salads so when I saw this I had to try it. This salad has a great crunch, and for not being a huge onion fan, I like the little hint of red onion with the lemon juice. I also like how this salad fills you up but doesn't sit on your stomach. A great side for any meal.


2 (14 oz.) cans of kidney beans
1 (14 oz.) can of chickpeas
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
3/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. dill, chopped
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 tsp. salt

1. Combine kidney beans, chickpeas, onion, cucumber, celery, parsley and dill in a medium bowl.


2. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, and salt. Whisk until emulsified.


3. Pour dressing over salad and stir until completely covered.
4. Stuff face!


Original Recipe: Cookie + Kate

Might also enjoy:
Cesar Asparagus Salad
How To: Cut Iceberg Lettuce
Artichokes

No comments:

Post a Comment