We now a cute dog named Willow. She is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and has to be two feet from you at all times. But in this case the chowder smelled so good, she had to have a front row seat.
Cheesy Ham Chowder10 stripes of bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 c. carrots, diced
3 Tbsp. flour
3 c. milk
1.5 c. water
2.5 c. potatoes. chopped
2 tsp. chicken boullion
2 c. ham, cubed
1 can corn
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. dried thyme
sprinkle of pepper
1. There is a bit of prep for this. Do all the chopping first and have it all ready to dump in the pot.
2. In a large pot, cook the bacon until nice and crispy over medium heat.
3. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon and place it on a paper towel to drain.
4. Sauté the onions and carrots in the bacon fat until tender.
5. Add flour.
6. Slowly add milk and water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
7. Add potatoes, corn, boullion, pepper and thyme.
8. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
9. Add ham and bacon. Let it set for a minute to warm up.
10. Add shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
11. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: Taste of Home
Might also enjoy:
|Cream of Broccoli Soup|
(Greek Lemon Soup)
|Slow Cooker: Chili Con|
Carne with Beans