2 lbs. spinach, stemmed and washed
1 lb. rock fish
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. shallot, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. flour
2 c. low-fat milk
1 garlic clove, finely minced
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 c. dried bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Oil a baking dish and set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and generously salt. Blanche spinach for 30 seconds, then transfer to a boil of ice water. Drain and dry. Chop.
4. Heat olive oil and shallot in a medium size sauce pan over medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add flour and cook until it changes color slightly.
6. Remove from heat, whisk in milk.
7. Return to heat and stir constantly until it thickens. Turn heat to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and spinach. Set aside.
9. Place fish in steamer for 5 minutes.
10. Break fish apart and remove any bones.
11. In the oiled dish, spoon in some of the creamed spinach to cover the bottom.
12. Top with fish then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
13. Pour the remained creamed spinach over the fish then top with bread crumbs.
14. Drizzle the top with olive oil then bake for 20 minutes until the top is brown.
15. Stuff face!!
Original Recipe: The New York Times
Might also enjoy:
|Pesto Swirl Bread|
|Salmon with |
Browned Butter Sauce
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|