My husband was having a little fun and made a few substitutes. He is not the biggest fan of onions so he replaced those with shallots. Our garden has been going bonkers with the recent week of rain in Seattle so we used fresh instead of dried rosemary. And because they were on sale, we used portobello instead of button mushrooms.
Mushroom Parmesan stuff Chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 medium portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a medium pan, combine mushrooms, shallot, garlic, and butter. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer to a bowl and mix in parmesan cheese.
4. Wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and pound them out so they are of uniform thickness.
5. Split the chicken breast down the center and layout flat.
6. Divide the mushroom mixture in half and place in the chicken breast.
7. Fold chicken breast over and lightly rub down with some olive oil.
8. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breast with rosemary, salt and pepper.
9. Place in a foil lines baking dish.
10. Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
11. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: Things my Belly Likes
Might also enjoy:
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|
|Chicken and Pasta |
with Creamy Pesto Sauce