I couldn't decide which picture I liked best so here are a few other shots.
pinch cream of tartar
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
90 g flour
200g white chocolate
125 g mini marshmallows
275 ml heavy cream
juice and zest of 2 lemons
200 g blueberries
25 g sugar
180 g mini marshmallows
200 ml heavy cream
Sponge Cake Layer:
1. Set oven to 395 F. Line a spring form with a little bit of cooking spray and wax paper.
2. Separate the eggs. Save both the yolks and whites.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar.
4. Add half of the sugar and whisk until shinny.
5. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and the remaining sugar.
6. Gently fold together egg whites and yolk mixture.
7. Pour into pan and bake for about 15 minutes until slightly brown on top.
8. Let cool completely.
Lemon Mousse Layer:
9. In a small sauce pan, melt white chocolate using double boiler.
10. In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the marshmallows.
11. Add in chocolate and lemon juice.
12. In a medium bowl, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add lemon zest.
13. Fold cream mixture into chocolate mixture.
14. Pour over sponge cake.
15. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Blueberry Mousse Layer:
16. In a food processor, combine blueberries and sugar until smooth.
17. Whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form.
18. Add in blueberry mixture.
19. In a large sauce pan, melt marshmallows over low heat.
20. Once marshmallows are melted, fold in blueberry mixture.
21. Once the mixture reaches room temperature, pour over lemon mousse.
22. Place in the freezer over night.
23. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: Acorns and Custard
|Sweet Potato Puree|