Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta:
1 lb. of penne pasta
2 c. broccoli florets, chopped
2 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 c. milk
1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
sprinkle of salt and pepper
~ 2 c. Swiss Gruyere Cheese, shredded
1/2 c. Parmesan, grated
2 chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
1. In a large pot, cook pasta in salted water to desired tenderness.
2. Once the pasta is done, remove from the water but leave the water in the pot.
3. Place the chopped broccoli in the pasta water and cook until soft...about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. While the pasta is cooking, in a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter.
5. Whisk in flour and cook for about two minutes.
6. Add milk and whisk until blended. Cook until it begins to boil and thickens, about 5 minutes or so.
7. Add mustard, salt and pepper.
8. Remove from heat and add cheese. Stir until melted.
9. Add chicken, broccoli, and chicken. Mix until everything is coated with sauce.
10. Stuff face!
Recipe modified from Foodie Crush: Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Might also enjoy:
|Homemade Tomato Sauce|