Saturday, July 2, 2016

I am a bad, bad blogger....

 

Life has a way of getting in the way sometimes. My mom was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer in July 2014. I dropped out of school (sort of), left my life Florida and moved to Texas to be her primary caregiver. I tried to blog occasionally but as you can see the posts definitely tapered off. I took care of her as long as I could but eventually she had to be checked into a convalescent hospital requiring 24 hour care. Considering all of the hospital visits, chemo, radiation, not everything was bad during this time. I got a new job at Boeing and a new home in Seattle, Washington. I got married...twice, actually. Don't worry to the same guy ;). One personal wedding for us and one at the hospital so my mom could be there.

My mom and I were very close and when she passed away in December 2015, I did not know what to do with myself. I have had a hard time focusing on anything really and the majority of my hobbies stopped. I threw myself into the gym and my job. It is just now, six months later that I feel I can start easing back into normal life. So I figure a good start would be to bring blog back.

Here is my plan.....

Blog Stockpile! Even though I haven't been posting, I have still been cooking and taking pictures so I have a minor stock pile of blog posts. I will still post them, even though some are almost 8 months old so bare with me.

New dishes! Yep, brand new dishes specially for this blog. Once I make my way through the older posts, you will see the new dishes make their debut! Yay!


New layout! I have been with the same blog layout with generic food background picture for a few years now. It is starting to feel a little stale to me. So in the next few months you will see a new dynamic format and reduced front page content.

Drink of the month! I have more recently gotten into cocktails and been trying my hand at some at home. So once a month I will post a new cocktail recipe. This should be interesting.

New email address! The giggling chef now has its own designated email address. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate. Email me at thegigglingchef@gmail.com.

Enriches Pins! This one is going to take awhile, but I am going to convert all of my pins to enriched pins that will include the recipe.

Phew! It is a lot but I can make it happen. If you have any other suggestions or things you would like to see, please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment