2 Tbsp. butter
boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 small sweet onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 c. white wine
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. ground mustard with horseradish
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1/2 c. asiago cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1. Remove an excess fat from the chicken, pound so they're the same thickness and season both sides with salt and pepper. (My chicken breasts were huge so I cut them in half).
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter.
3. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until both sides are brown, roughly 5 minutes on each side. Set chicken aside.
4. Add onions and garlic to the pan and cook until the soft, about 5 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Add wine and thyme making sure to scrape all of the yummiest off of the pan.
7. Mix in broth, cream, and mustard.
8. Add the chicken and bring to a simmer to thicken the sauce, about 5 minutes.
9. Add asiago cheese, letting it melt into the sauce.
10. Stuff face!!
Original Recipe: Closet Cooking
Might also enjoy:
|Cream of Broccoli Soup|
|Slow Cooker: Split Pea Soup|
(Greek Lemon Soup)