Monday, August 1, 2016

Drink of the Month: Watermelon Basil Soju

Yes, yes, it is another watermelon post. But it is summer and I can't resist a good watermelon. So I decided to take a stab at a my own Soju cocktail.


I love Soju! It is distilled rice liquor that is the go to alcohol in Korea. It has a very, very mild taste and no burn which makes is dangerous. It is typically served by itself but I personally get bored with it when it is not mixed with something else. So I have taken to trying different cocktails recipes with the Soju. This has been my favorite so far. I drank almost the whole pitcher by myself. It was a good Sunday :D

Watermelon Basil Soju:
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. basil leaves, split
1 small seedless watermelon, chopped
1/4 c. lime juice
1 1/4 c. Soju

1. In a small sauce pan, bring water to a simmer.


2. Add sugar and 1/4 c. basil. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.


3. Cut the watermelon in half and then cut of the rind. Cut into large chunks.


4. Liquify watermelon in a blender.


5. Then pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Gently press through the strainer to get a much juice out as possible. Discard the pulp.


6. In a large pitcher, combine watermelon juice, basil simple syrup, lime juice, Soju, and the remaining basil.


7. Place in the fridge until chilled.


8. Enjoy!!!


Might also enjoy:
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Enchilada Stuffed Shells
Italian Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment