I love Soju! It is distilled rice liquor that is the go to alcohol in Korea. It has a very, very mild taste and no burn which makes is dangerous. It is typically served by itself but I personally get bored with it when it is not mixed with something else. So I have taken to trying different cocktails recipes with the Soju. This has been my favorite so far. I drank almost the whole pitcher by myself. It was a good Sunday :D
Watermelon Basil Soju:
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. basil leaves, split
1 small seedless watermelon, chopped
1/4 c. lime juice
1 1/4 c. Soju
1. In a small sauce pan, bring water to a simmer.
2. Add sugar and 1/4 c. basil. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3. Cut the watermelon in half and then cut of the rind. Cut into large chunks.
4. Liquify watermelon in a blender.
5. Then pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Gently press through the strainer to get a much juice out as possible. Discard the pulp.
6. In a large pitcher, combine watermelon juice, basil simple syrup, lime juice, Soju, and the remaining basil.
7. Place in the fridge until chilled.
Might also enjoy:
|Peanut Butter Cup Cookies|
|Enchilada Stuffed Shells|