This veggie sparked a very in geeked out discussion about fractals and how they appear in nature: pine cones, sun flowers, ferns, etc. Which then reminded me of one of my favorite movies growing up: Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land. If you have never seen it, take 30 minutes and watch it (below). I personally think it still holds up today. It's a classic.
A few notes on this recipe: I did double this recipe in the photos. Romanesco is great raw, so don't be shy about tasting it as you season it. And finally, when I "chopped" it, I tried to cut it in a way to keep the individual bunches whole (to keep it pretty). Now on to the recipe....
1 heads romanesco, chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Sprinkle of pepper
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Sprinkle of paprika
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large baking pan with foil.
2. Cut romanesco to desired size.
3. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Toss until covered.
4. Pour romanesco into baking dish.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
6. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: All Recipes
Might also enjoy: