Monday, August 29, 2016

UPDATE: Mini Quesitos

I do not know what my problem is but I have been on a sweet craze lately. Donuts, cupcakes, candy...I just can't get enough. And this is definitely not helping! ;)


Since moving from Florida, one of the things I really miss is a little place called Flacos. A very good cuban restaurant in the middle of the club chaos in downtown Gainesville. Open until 3 am, you could get fabulous empanadas and quesitos. I haven't found a place that makes quite as good quesitos in Seattle, so I decided to make some for old time sake.

This blog post was also one of the first ones I ever did so I decided to update it with new pictures.

Quesitos (12):
1 puff pastry sheet
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 Tbs. sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/4 c. white sugar sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg in a small bowl and set aside.


2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. (mmm...yummy!)


3. Lay out puff pastry sheet and cut into 12 equal size pieces.


4. Spoon cream cheese into cut puff pastry sheet. Grab one edge and pull into the center of the rectangle. Grab the opposite corner and pull to the center. Press gently to ensure pastry stays together.




5. Place on a greased baking sheet.


6. Brush with egg and top with sugar sprinkles.


7. Bake for 20 minutes or until top begins to brown.


8. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Stuff face!


Might also enjoy:
Berried with White Chocolate
Rose Water Ganache
Apple Dumplings
White Chocolate
Raspberry Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment