It should be noted I was feeling lazy and decided to use a pre-made pie crust, but if are interested in making your own, no need to fear...the recipe is here!
Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie:
1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
3 c. rhubarb, 1/4" slices
1 cup strawberries, quartered
1.5 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp butter, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Combine rhubarb and strawberries in a bowl and mix until evenly distributed. Pour into pie crust.
3. In a medium bowl. combine eggs, milk, flour, and nutmeg. Thoroughly mix.
4. Pour the custard slowly over the pie until the custard reaches the edge of the pie crust. Give it a few good shimmies and shakes to make sure the custard gets into all of the nooks and crannies.
5. Dot the top of the pie with pieces of butter.
6. Place the pie on a baking sheet (just in case it over flows a little) and bake for about 1 hour. The rhubarb should be tender and the custard set with a slight jiggle.
7. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to eat.
8. Stuff face!
Original Recipe: Allrecipes.com
Might also enjoy:
|Cookies and Cream Cake|
|No Frosting Chocolate Cake|